First Quantum Minerals Ltd.
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose:
To ensure that full accountability for all items under his / her responsibility and maintain highest standard of housekeeping and safety with Company Safety Rules and Standards.
To provide excellent service to end users. Ensure stock is prepared, pre-picked and issued according to prescribed Commercial principles.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Pick the items and handover documents to Commercial Office to complete the process on the system.
- Ensure the best storage and handling of warehouse goods.
- Ensure that all stock movements are recorded and controlled in an accurate manner.
- Follow up on all stock issued on manual documentation during machine down.
- Ensure all issue documentation is signed off and accurate records are maintained.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Control and secure inventory, stock process.
- Control and secure inventory, including warehouse equipment (forklift, pallet stacker and hand trucks).
- Take part in the cycle count / stock take process.
- Any other tasks as may be delegated upon by the supervisor.
- Receive and verify stock returns before being returned electronically in Pronto.
- Hand over stock return items to Putaway team for binning.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Ability to find better ways to execute tasks.
- Customer orientated.
- Able to make suggestions that may result in large increases in cost savings and / or efficiency.
- Able to work in area assigned to.
Key Job Attributes:
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Must be dependable and self-motivated.
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Able to work under minimum supervision.
- Unquestionable integrity.
Experience required to perform in this job:
- Good Computer Skills.
- Knowledge of basic health and safety.
- At least 2 years’ experience in similar position.
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- CIPS Advanced or Certificate of equivalent (minimum).
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter