Recruitment Matters Africa (Pvt) Ltd
Our client is looking for a Quantity Surveyor Trainee to join their team.
Duties and responsibilities inmclude but are not subject to:
- Assist with sub-contract procurement process including the production and issuing of tender enquiries and analysis.
- Assist with issuing of subcontract orders and variations and ongoing contract management of costs to final account.
- Assist with liaising with customer care manager to facilitate the subcontract requirement to cover the defects liability period through to payment of the final retention release.
- Attend monthly Project Team Meetings on active sites.
- Assist in the production of commercial reports and updates as necessary to ensure progress and management of project is being maintained.
- Prelims – assist with the ongoing management of the current cost against the original budget, providing monthly updates of the forecast cost to complete.
- Assist with the processing of subcontract accounts.
- Assist with monthly Cost and Margin Reporting reviewing current cost against original budget.
- Undertake site visits to improve the understanding of construction processes and programme requirements.
- Possess good time management skills
- Enjoy working as part of a team but able to work independently, as require
- Self-motivated and confident
- Able to communicate well, both verbally and in writing
- Able to manage their own workload and to support others when needed
- Able to show initiative and act proactively
- Flexible and adaptable
Degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management or related engineering discipline
6 months to 1 year quantity surveying internship experience
To apply for this job please visit www.recruitmentmattersafrica.com.