Grant Thornton Consulting Limited
We have been retained by our client, Malawi Agricultural and Industrial Investment Corporation Plc (MAIIC) to assist with the recruitment of a suitably qualified candidate for the position of Managing Director. The Managing Director will lead the development and execution of MAlIC’s short, medium, and long-term strategies with a view of creating shareholder value.
Reporting to the Board Chairman, the Managing Director acts as a liaison between the Board and the company.
The Managing Director will be responsible for overall management of the organization including strategy formulation and execution, adherence to company policies, and regulations amongst other duties.
- Lead the achievement of MAlICs strategic and financial goals as per the approved Strategic Plan.
- Grow shareholder value and drive profitability.
- Sound financial management of the company by delivering agreed annual targets.
- Ensure the adequacy and soundness of the company’s financial structure.
Risk and Compliance
- Ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements, policies, procedures, plans and agreements.
- Ensure compliance with Central Bank regulations, tax regulations and policies.
- Ensure that the internal and external audits are conducted
- Ensure a strong risk, compliance, and governance framework is embedded across the organization.
- Identify strategic and operational risks, ensure mitigation strategies are in place and as appropriate, take action to minimize any actual or potential impacts.
- Ensure appropriate risk diversification and manage the overall company risk profile.
People and Leadership
- Provide consistent and agile leadership to the Executive Management team, ensuring that they actively participate and contribute to the strategic thinking and development of MAIIC.
- Cultivate high performance working environment.
- Establish and maintain a sound organization structure that supports business growth.
- Promote a positive work environment, including attracting, nurturing, retaining and managing talent through effective leadership, mentoring, performance management and communication.
- Leadership skills to inspire and lead others towards high levels of performance.
- Relationship Management – ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with stakeholders to facilitate the accomplishment of organizational goals.
- Problem solving and analysis – ability to analyze complex policy issues, draw correct conclusions and articulate clear and focused policy to wide and diverse audiences.
- Strategy formulation – ability to formulate strategies, translate strategies into strategic and operational activities.
- Team management – managing a diverse team of senior managers.
Qualifications and Skills
- A graduate educated to a Masters Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Management or Administration, Business Entrepreneurship, or other relevant field from recognized and accredited Universities.
- At least 10 years relevant experience in a senior management capacity in banking or development finance institution with in-depth knowledge of lending and investment products, risk management, legal and compliance requirements within the financial sector.
- Demonstratable capacity in product and service development.
- Demonstratable track record in capital raising and close links with local and international investors as well as development finance institutions.
- Experience and a successful track-record in implementation of business strategy.
- Professional reputation and a record of unquestioned professional integrity.
- Proven ability to provide both strategic and operational leadership to translate organizational goals and objectives into concrete outcomes.
- Proven communication and negotiation skills, networking abilities with a strong command of the English language as a means of communication, and
- Strong commitment towards socio-economic development goals of Malawi, with specific focus on the development and stimulation of entrepreneurship.
The position offers a remuneration package and benefits commensurate with its seniority, level of skills, and experience.
How to apply
Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements outlined above may forward applications in person, by post or email to the address below, to be received no later than close of business on Friday 24th March 2023. Those who responded to the previous advert of the same position need not reapply.
Applications must be accompanied by.
- A concise letter, outlining how the applicant meets the requirements for the position, and providing written consent to be subjected to whatever probity checks deemed necessary,
- A detailed curriculum vitae;
- Certified copies of academic qualifications;
- Certified copy of valid national identity document/passport; and
- Details of three contactable referees.
Only shortlisted applications will be acknowledged.
Grant Thornton Consulting Limited
PO Box 508