- Supervise staff, monitoring crops and animals, and handle various administrative tasks. Prepare budgets, maintain relationships with clients and stakeholders, and ensure maximum profitability.
- Analyzing existing operations, crops, livestock, staff, and financial documents and recommending improvements.
- Preparing plans and schedules for planting and harvesting and ensuring staff understands expectations.
- Visiting the different divisions to inspect crops, livestock, and also perform tests on soil and water.
- Ensuring right seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, and other supplies are regularly restocked.
- Scheduling repairs, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and machinery.
- Handling the marketing and sale of products produced on the farm like fruit, vegetables, dairy, meat, and grain.
- Ensuring all staff adheres to health and safety regulations.
- Assisting with the recruitment and training of new staff members.
- Collaborating with senior staff to prepare budgets and financial reports.
- Building professional networks and keeping abreast of developments in agricultural science.
- Degree/Diploma in agriculture, animal science, or equivalent.
- Additional courses in business management or administration are recommended.
- Extensive experience in a farming-related field.
- Management experience would be a plus.
- Knowledge of irrigation farming
- A passion for agriculture.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, communication and critical thinking skills.
- The ability to make decisions in stressful environments.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
- Have sufficient knowledge in fuel operated machinery.
- Have sufficient knowledge in accountancy and book keeping.
Applications should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date 30th September, 2022