Recruitment Matters Africa (Pvt) Ltd
Cape Town, South Africa
Our client is looking for a Exports Manager to Manage and oversee logistics, order processing, finance and all documentation and administration for the Exports Department.
- Establish procedures to ensure all international orders are processed and packed correctly for export with the correct documentation and labelling to the destination country.
- Establish procedures to handle pre-shipment inspections (including pre-registration of products and handling all technical queries from the agencies).
- Negotiate and decide which freight forwarders are to be used for various transport options and countries.
- Authorize documentation to comply with customs requirements for exit and entry.
- Conduct quality check to see that all products are correctly labelled for each respective country including arranging translations and professional labels to be printed for each respective product
- Supervise the processing of all orders to ensure SARS VAT compliance in accordance with the VAT Act
- Supervise the processing of all payments received to ensure SARB Foreign Exchange compliance in accordance with the Foreign Exchange Act.
- Monitor payments for all export orders, to ensure these are received and processed (for both ZAR as well as foreign exchange.
- Communicate with the bank regarding Letters of Credit.
- Submitting statements to customers in foreign exchange and ZAR each month.
- Processing all insurance claims in terms of shortages and damages
- Check correct documentation is available for audit purposes.
- Oversee and authorize required administration processes.
- Submit all new product development and product reformulations to NPD.
• Strong organizational and admin skills.
• Accurate and attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and manage demanding workload in a highly pressurized environment.
• Team player and an aptitude for coordinating your work with others.
• 5-10 years’ experience in FMCG, preferably within Food and Beverages industry
• Diploma / Degree in Commerce with proven Finance / Business Acumen ideal
• Experience in Marketing/ Customer Marketing advantageous
• Experience in Distribution Operations advantageous
• Thorough understanding of the SA VAT Act and Commercial Incoterms