Website MPower Solar Solutions Zambia Ltd
Solar Power on your side
DEPUTY COUNTRY MANAGER – Lusaka Zambia
We from MPower Ventures, a pan-African venture backed start-up in the energy access area (www.mpower.africa), have launched our operations in Zambia in 2019. Since then, together with our partners, we have already supplied thousands of customers with our solar systems. Our products range from small solar lamps to solar home systems with matching appliances such as TVs, fans and refrigerators to large systems for SMEs. Our portfolio has recently been complemented with electric powered vehicles, making us one of the most innovative solar system providers in Zambia.
To increase our footprint in Zambia and grow our sales we are looking for an independent and entrepreneurial Deputy Country Manager based in Lusaka. This is an exciting opportunity in a fascinating and rapidly growing field.
Your passion and your tasks as deputy country manager:
- You will manage and guide a team of young talents in order to increase the company’s market share in the field of solar products for households and SMEs as well as electric mobilities;
- You will support the team and our partners to generate leads and convert them into successful sales;
- You will network within the Zambian industry in order to expand our footprint.
- You provide clear leadership and vision, inspire and motivate staff to achieve excellence by strength-based approaches and mentor them as they develop new skills;
- You have at least 5 years of work experience in the field of B2B and B2C sales;
- Experience in HR related topics will be an added advantage;
- You have studied and completed with a MSc or MA in Business Administration, Management, Economics, Finance or any relevant field. If you have a passion for clean energy we will be happy;
- It is very important that your English is fluent at business level. Any Zambian languages will be an advantage;
- You are a team player and eager to learn new tools and roll-up sleeves to get the job done.
The position is available immediately. The company is still at an early stage and can tailor the position to your interests. Although the position requires a high degree of commitment and presence, MPower is a family friendly company and will try to accommodate the needs of young parents. The salary depends on the former work experiences and qualifications.
To apply: Please send your application (CV plus short cover letter) to email@example.com. (Please make sure to include your name and Zambia (e.g. Zambia_First Name_Last Name) in the email subject line).
– Due to the high amount of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted;
– Incomplete applications will not be considered
Women are strongly encouraged to apply!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org