AB InBev Africa
Food and Beverage Services
Port Shepstone, South Africa
Dreaming big is in our DNA. It’s who we are as a company. It’s our culture. It’s our heritage. And more than ever, it’s our future. A future where we’re always looking forward. Always serving up new ways to meet life’s moments. A future where we keep dreaming bigger. We look for people with passion, talent, and curiosity, and provide them with the teammates, resources and opportunities to unleash their full potential. The power we create together – when we combine your strengths with ours – is unstoppable. Are you ready to join a team that dreams as big as you do?
The key purpose of this job is to be Responsible to implement and uphold SABs safety standards. Manage the Brewery Distribution, Inventory and Warehousing function so that customer service levels can be optimized and that benchmarked productivity standards are met. Implement standard operating processes in line with DPO standards. Manage VLC, ZBB and FLC budgets in line with annual flexed targets.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Ensures a safe and healthy working environment for internal and external stakeholders
- Ensures that legislative requirements are met in line with the Section 16.2 appointee requirements
- Maintains a robust system of SIO and SHO generation and close out
- Quarterly Safety reviews are conducted with the RLM and RSD to identify risk trends and mitigation plans
- Completes an annual risk review of internal and external processes, identifying relevant mitigation plans and implementing them.
- Ensures that logistics teams adhere to Quality guidelines specified by the Zone so that customers receive stock as per SAB Quality guidelines
- Adheres to Zone blocking mechanisms to ensure that blocked stock is at no time a risk to our stakeholders
- Manages DOC & Stock age for finished goods inventories in order to proactively identify opportunities or alleviate write off risks with functional peers in Planning, Manufacturing and Commercial
- Ensures that Daily, Weekly and Monthly Meeting routines are adhered to in line with mandatory DPO guidelines (OWD’s, SCL, MCL, Mandatory meetings)
- Conducts the Daily Logistics Meeting as per the specified TOR’s listed in the DPO framework
- Ensures that Processes are standardized via SOP’s and work standards are monitored and improved upon using Operational Work Diagnoses (OWD’s)
- 5S routines and improvement exercises are conducted on a weekly and monthly basis to uphold DC Housekeeping standards
- Annual Business Descriptions are developed per functional area, taking into account SWOT Analysis and key business imperatives.
- Tracks KPI’s on a daily, weekly and monthly basis in line with DPO Terms of Reference. Ensures that appropriate problem-solving tools are applied for out-of-range KPI’s in line with DPO methodology
- Fosters a culture of continuous improvement by ensuring that routines and process are aligned to best in class standards through effective benchmarking
- Engages with HRBP and ensures that the Training Needs Analysis (TNA) document is maintained in line with ongoing operational requirements for staff development
- Ensures that TNA weekly and Monthly training schedules are adhered to.
- Drives a problem solving culture through the use of DPO Problem solving tools (e.g. 5 Why, Abnormality Reports, OWD’s, GAPA, PDCA) from Shopfloor to senior management
- Maintains a healthy IR climate by conducting documented monthly engagements with Union representatives
- Ensure that the Shop floor are aligned in terms of goals and meeting routines to drive continuous improvement
- Ensures that Monthly One on Ones are conducted in line with the target review process.
- Maintains a healthy IR climate with Partners (Owner Drivers, Temp Labour, Outsourced Services) through documented SLA Meetings
- Communication channels are open to relevant stakeholders via Monthly All Employee meetings
- Ensures that internal compliance controls are adhered to in terms of Vendor payments, SOX and CSA controls.
- Ensures that management teams are trained on the Code of Business Conduct and strict adherence is in place. Effective use of the Compliance Channel is maintained
- Ensures that T1 TCT is maintained to enable Stock and Empties movements from and to the brewery
- Engages with Sales to ensure RTI’s are maintained to minimize packaging downtime.
- Ensures there is strict adherence to Inventory Policy within Warehouse.
- Manages Service Level Agreements (SLA) on a weekly basis with Fleet, Quality and T1 functions
- Escalates relevant MBFU policy transgressions and takes appropriate actions
- Manages weekly SLA with Sales with clearly documented information on Sizing, Sales Forecast and Potential Stock write offs. Performance measures to be shared weekly include Refusals performance, Sales Curve index, OODD, Drop size and OOS constraints
- Ensures that internal SLA agreements between Customer Service and Logistics are maintaine
- Drives a strict adherence to flexed budgets with the Delivery and Warehouse management teams.
- Ensures that accountability is aligned to package owners
- Assumes overall accountability for Brewery Logistics Spend.
- Ensures that Management teams conduct sizing on a weekly and monthly basis in line with the Sales plan. Sizing risks are identified and relevant actions taken to mitigate.
- Accounts for over/underspends on a weekly and monthly basis dependent on the GL Frequency.
- Create an operational environment that that inspires positive organizational effectiveness through the development of team members within Dream People Culture and the Leadership Capability Model
- Recruits diverse talent
- Develops people through knowledge sharing and insights
- Provides timely and constructive feedback while effectively coaching for performance
- 3-year Degree in Logistics or any other related field
- Minimum 4 years experience including Management, Logistics, Distribution/Warehousing and Finance
- Familiar with local market environments
- Knowledge of all relevant legislative requirements
- Knowledge of customer service principles
- Good interpersonal skills / builds good relationships
- Superior planning ability
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good verbal and communication skills
- Good self-management principles
- Ability to adapt to and implement change effectively
- Excellent coaching capability
- Strives for continuous improvement
- Demonstrates leadership skills
- Good decision-making ability
- Excellent numerical ability
- Good analytical ability
SAB is an equal opportunity employer, and all appointments will be made in- line with SAB employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality. Internal applicants require Line manager approval. Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.