Recruitment Matters Africa
A large Commercial Farming Business in Zambia, seeks to employ the services of a reliable agricultural workshop manager for their business.
This work involves the operation, servicing and repair of light and heavy Agricultural equipment. It also involves planning and supervising the activities of employees engaged in the Operation and repair of heavy equipment such as tractors, forklifts etc.
- Formal Diesel Mechanical qualification essential as part of Job portfolio will be to assist in running Farm workshop
- Manage the daily operations around workshop, silos, irrigation systems, and pump houses etc.
- Implement effective systems for regular service intervals, and to reduce down time across the fleet (tractors, trucks, excavators, combines, graders and various farming implements)
- Ensure the entire fleet kept in good running order
- Incorporate systems in conjunction with stores, and procurement for efficient stock control of spares
- Efficient and responsible use of workshop machinery, including lathes, welding machines, gas and other fabrication equipment
- Efficiently assess human resource performance through effective implementation of performance appraisals
- Be able to assist in general farm operations including the crop and cattle enterprise as necessary
Requirements and Skills:
- Relevant Degree/Diploma in field of mechanical expertise
- Experience: at least 5 years in relevant greenfield orchard operations
- Age: older than 25 yrs.
- Zambian, Zambian Resident or Zambian Work Permit Holder
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and email
- Must have hands on experience leading and managing an equipment maintenance workshop
- Must possess a driver’s license